Here, culture and landscape are as one. The Alpilles, provencal land par excellence, offers a diversity of natural habitats rarely observed: from its ragged crests there opens a panorama of alternating cliffs, valleys, piedmonts, plains. The attachment of local people to provencal traditions is apparent throughout the whole year in village life in the Alpilles.
The massif benefits from a rich heritage of preserved buildings. There are numerous ruins dating from Ancient times, the Roman era and the Renaissance period, amongst them the site of Glanum. Take advantage of your visit to stop at one of the numerous vineyards and taste the famous olive oil of the Alpilles.
Click on an area for more details
See all natural sites
Regional natural parks
- Camargue Regional Natural Park
- Alpilles Regional Natural Park
- Luberon Regional Natural Park
- Verdon Regional Natural Park
- Queyras Regional Natural Park
- Préalpes d'Azur Regional Natural Park