Created in 1973, the Ecrins National Park marks the point at which the northern Alps meet the Southern Alps. Its territory is composed of a central parc of 92 000 hectares and surrounding land of 180 000 hectares, which makes it the largest park in France. It is a land of open spaces.
It offers spectacular viewpoints from the top of its 100 summits over 3000 metres high. Glaciers, vast cirques of rocky crests, mountain pastures, mountain lakes.. strong differences in altitude and the scale of the massif explain the diversity of the natural environments to be found.. Chamois antelope, ibex and golden eagles will present themselves to the most patient !
Click on an area for more details
See all natural sites
Regional natural parks
- Camargue Regional Natural Park
- Alpilles Regional Natural Park
- Luberon Regional Natural Park
- Verdon Regional Natural Park
- Queyras Regional Natural Park
- Préalpes d'Azur Regional Natural Park