The Port Cros National Park is the first marine park in Europe. It extends over 700 hectares of dry land and 1 300 hectares underwater. On the islands of Port-Cros and Porquerolles, visitors will discover contrasts in nature; steep cliffs and narrow valleys traversed with green oaks.
Botany lovers will be in their element with the lavender on the islands, the flax-leaved broom, the floral rock rose, the tree heath…Bird lovers will not be disappointed; There are approximately 175 recorded species on the island! Equally, those interested in the seabed will discover a sea life rich with moray eels, conger eels, octopuses. A world to admire… but also to respect.
Click on an area for more details
See all natural sites
Regional natural parks
- Camargue Regional Natural Park
- Alpilles Regional Natural Park
- Luberon Regional Natural Park
- Verdon Regional Natural Park
- Queyras Regional Natural Park
- Préalpes d'Azur Regional Natural Park